Hello friends! Welcome back to ElectroDuino. This blog is base on the 741 Op-Amp IC. Here we will discuss the Introduction to 741 Op-Amp IC, Pin Diagram/Pinout, Specifications, Features, LM741 IC Equivalent IC, and its applications.
The 741 Op-Amp or operational amplifier is a DC-coupled high gain differential amplifier with external negative feedback. It consists of 8 pins and It has only one op-amp inside. The main function of the 741 Op-Amp IC is to do the mathematical operations in various circuits. The LM741 Op-Amp IC can operate with a single or dual power supply voltage.
OUTPUT Voltage = Gain * Input Voltage
LM741 Op-Amp IC Pin Diagram/Pinout
|IC pins 1 & 5 are Offset null pins, these are used to eliminate the offset voltage and balance the input voltage.
|This is the Inverting Input pin for Inverting signal Input.
|This is the Non-Inverting Input pin for Non-Inverting signal Input.
|Negative or Ground supply voltage
|The output pin of the op-amp IC
|Positive Supply Voltage
LM741 Op-Amp IC Equivalent IC
LM741A, LM741C, LM709C, LM201, MC1439, and LM748
- TO-99 (LM741CH)
- CDIP & PDIP
- TO5-8 Metal can package
- SOIC-Narrow-8 package (LM741CM)
741 Op-Amp IC Specifications
|Minimum Power Consumption
|Normal Power Consumption
|Maximum Power Consumption
|1.7 to 2.8mA
|Input Impedance range of about
|Output Impedance range of about
|-50 to 125 ˚C
|Soldering pin temperature
741 Op-Amp IC Features
- It has only one op-amp inside
- Provide Short circuit protection
- Provide overload protection
- Large common-mode rejection ratio (CMRR) and differential voltage ranges.
- Low power consumption
- Large input voltage range
- High gain
- No external frequency compensation is required
- Prevent from latch-up when the common-mode range is exceeded
- summing amplifier
- Integrator or Differentiators
- function generator
- Active Filters
- voltage follower
- General feedback applications